Listed Building record MDR15978 - Former threshing barn, south of The Farm, Lea Main Road, Lea, Dethick, Lea & Holloway

Type and Period (3)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

A Grade II listed former threshing barn, now an outbuilding, dated 1817 and located south of The Farm [SMR32867]. Built of coursed squared rubble gritstone with quoins, a hipped roof with plain tiles and stone slated eaves. The north elevation is of two storeys and five bays, with a central doorway with a massive quoined surround approached by double flights of steps. There is a matching doorway to the east end, both openings having plain planked doors. An inscription above the doorway reads 'W.E.N. 1817'. The rear elevation retains full-height double doors to the former threshing bay, planked taking-in doors to the first floor, and stepped approaches to the overloft doorways at either end. Listed for group value. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1051630.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3324 5745 (32m by 9m)
Civil Parish DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 4 2021 2:47PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.