Building record MDR16117 - Pair of garages north of The Meadows, Town Street, Duffield

Type and Period (2)

  • (Georgian - 1767 AD to 1799 AD)
  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1799 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

A Grade II listed late 18th century coach house with a loft over, now garages, north of The Meadows [SMR34920]. The building is built of red brick with sandstone dressings and a Welsh slate roof, stone coped gables with plain kneelers and a first floor stone band. The two-bay west elevation has two sets of plank doors and blind semi-circular arches above with moulded stone arches. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1109122.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3455 4315 (16m by 12m)
Civil Parish DUFFIELD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.