The Lodge, gate piers and boundary walls, Mill Lane, Dethick, Lea and Holloway, built c1874.
From the National Heritage List for England:
'SK 35 NW 1/80
PARISH OF DETHICK, LEA AND HOLLOWAY MILL LANE The Lodge, gatepiers and flanking boundary walls (Formerly listed as the Lodge at Lea Wood Hall)
GV II House, formerly lodge to Lea Wood Hall. 1874-7. W. Eden Nesfield architect. Regularly coursed gritstone with ashlar dressings to ground floor, with tile hung first floor, and plain tiled roof with projecting verges to gable. Massive off- centre ridge brick cluster stack with boldly corbelled cap. North elevation, gable to street, with jettied tile hung gable carried on deep timber brackets. 3- light and single light casement openings to ground floor, and a 4-light casement with shutters to first floor. Side elevation with gabled first floor projection carried on timber brackets above doorway, which has C20 glazed door. To the west, entrance gatepiers 1.5 metres high with moulded bases to pyramidal caps, attached to curved flanking entrance walls with chamfered copings, terminating on the west side in a tall, square pier with pyramidal cap.
Listing NGR: SK3228456316.'
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1109190?section=official-list-entry.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.