Site record MDR17712 - Outfarm north northeast of Apple Tree Cottage, Chapel-en-le-Frith
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Outfarm north northeast of Apple Tree Cottage, Chapel-en-le-Frith. Partially extant 19th century outfarm. The outfarm is formed of a single structure with two sides of the yard formed of agricultural buildings. The site is located within or in association to a hamlet. There has been a partial loss (less than 50%) of traditional buildings. (1) (2) (3) (4) A possible outfarm originally consisting of two stone buildings. To the west there is a standing structure. To the east there was another structure, demolished in the 20th century. The standing building probably began the late 18th century, as a small retangular single storey stone structure. In the early 19th century the building was enlarged. A second floor was added and it was divided into two, with a cow shed to the south and a threashing barn to the north. In the mid-late 19th century new openings were added. In the mid 20th century a lean-to dairy structure was added to the west. In the late 20th cenury a further lean-to structure was added. A watching brief in the ruins identified floors, but nothing diagnostic of the function. (5) (6)
- <1> SDR23696 Digital data: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Digital Dataset.
- <2> SDR23697 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Character Statements.
- <3> SDR23698 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Project Report.
- <4> SDR23699 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Design Guidance.
- <5> SDR24781 Unpublished document: Empsall, J & Jacklin, A (ARS). 2021. Historic Building Recording of Pinfold Farm Barns, Bagshaw.
- <6> SDR24782 Unpublished document: Wyre, I (ARS Ltd). 2020. Barns at Pinfold Farm, Bagshaw: Heritage Statement..
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Local Authority||HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (4)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 13 2021 11:27AM