Monument record MDR1845 - Enclosure / lynchet, 130m north-north-west of Curfew Cottage, Foolow
Type and Period (3)
- ENCLOSURE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- LYNCHET (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 196 772: FOOLOW, ENCLOSURE. Linear bank forming a rectangular enclosure, running parallel to Bradshaw Lane and turning west above the springline for 100m. (1). It seems likely that this enclosure is actually part of the lynchet (recorded as feature 23 in the survey) which is a former boundary and not an enclosure. (2).
- <1> SDR10476 Index: NDAT. 0946. 0946.
- <2> SDR20371 Unpublished document: Robbins, H (PDNPA). 2000. Eyam Hall Estate, Eyam, Wardlow and Foolow, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 2000. No. 20 and 23, p 14.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1977: 5807.1-3.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 190 771 (93m by 271m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||FOOLOW, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 4 2008 4:25PM