[SK 12447418] St. Margaret's Church. (1) St. Margaret's Church, Wormhill, was rebuilt in 1864. Over the door of the porch was inscribed "P.H…C.W. 1746". The tower was probably erected in 1273, but it was raised in 1863. (2). In normal use. (3)
Grade II* listed church. The 13th century chapel underwent rebuilding and enlargement in 1864 by T H Rushforth with transepts added in 1904-10. It is constructed of coursed rubble limestone with gritstone dressings and some tufa to tower. Coped gables to slate roofs laid to diminishing courses. Square, unbuttressed tower partially 13th century. [See listed buildings record for complete description]. (4)
Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 15682.1-3.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 1244 7418 (24m by 15m) (Centre)
WORMHILL, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 22 2008 1:48PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.