Monument record MDR2277 - Dirtlow Rake, Castleton
Type and Period (6)
- CRUSHING CIRCLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LEAD MINE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HORSE WHIM (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAKE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- MINE SHAFT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- <1> SDR8907 Bibliographic reference: Maure, J. 1802. The Geology and Minerology of Derbyshire..
- <2> SDR3913 Article in serial: Chatburn, H E. 1962. 'The surface remains of Dirtlow Rake', Bulletin of the Peak District Mines Historical Society. Volume 1, Number 7. pp 22-26.
- <3> SDR8157 Bibliographic reference: Kirkham, N. 1968. Derbyshire Lead Mining through the Centuries..
- <4> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p 26.
- <5> SDR15081 Bibliographic reference: Stevenson, I et al.. n.d.. The Geology of the country around Chapel-en-le-Frith.
- <6> SDR6994 Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. p 43.
- <7> SDR19101 Unpublished document: Willies, L. 1977. Description and map, Peak Park Treasure no. C85.
- <8> SDR4754 Bibliographic reference: Ford, T & Rieuwerts, J. 1983. Lead Mining in the Peak District, 3rd edition. pp 8, 22, 50-54.
- <9> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. Rieuwerts, J; C250; 1987.
- <10> SDR13556 Verbal communication: Rieuwerts, J. 1988. Pers. Comm..
- <11> SDR19161 Unpublished document: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Parish file. Plan.
- <12> SDR20408 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1992. Aston Hall, land at Castleton, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1992. No. 35, p 7.
- <13> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. No. 6, pp 12-13.
- <14> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 3362.1-16.
- <15> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 462.12A-16A.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1485 8190 (1052m by 626m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLETON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2019 3:40PM