Pigeon cote to rear of No. 4 Hurst Lane, Stretton, built in 1707.
From the National Heritage List for England:
'SK 36 SE PARISH OF STRETTON CROW LANE 2/72 (West Side) Pigeoncote 3 miles south- west of Old Forge Cottage GV II
Pigeoncote. 1707. Coursed squared sand stone with sandstone dressings. Pyramidal stone slate roof. Two storeys, square plan, single bay. Projecting stone slate ledge all round building at first floor level. North elevation has raised quoined doorcase with plank door. Above, circular stone with pierced cross. West and east elevations with blocked flush surround openings. 2-light flush mullion window above to east. South elevation has similar ground floor opening. Above, quoined surround opening, now blocked and stone plaque inscribed 'H T H 1707' with breathers either side. In grounds of former C17 house, Ford Hall, now demolished
Listing NGR: SK3811660037.'
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087788.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 38116 60037 (point)
STRETTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 25 2019 2:59PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.