Skip to main content

Building record MDR23035 - Former Coach House and Stable Block at Wakebridge Farm, off Leashaw, Crich

Type and Period (2)

  • (Victorian to 21st Century - 1849 AD? to 2050 AD)
  • (Victorian to 21st Century - 1849 AD? to 2050 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Former coach house and stable block at Wakebridge Farm, off Leashaw, Crich, dating to at least 1849. The building appears on the Tithe map of 1849, on Plot No. 344, the earliest map currently available to the HER. Its neighbouring farm house has a date stone of 1772. The building was subject to a heritage impact assessment in 2018. 'Building F is the former coaching house and stable block. It is a two-storey built structure with a pitched rood, although the roof has deteriorated to such an extent that the upper floor of this structure is not accessible. The southern elevation has largely been converted into an interior due to the construction of Building E, nonetheless the easternmost section of this elevation is apparent and contains a set of tallet steps leading to the eastern side of the first floor. …This structure appears on all the available historic mapping and is of historical interest. The poor condition of the building has resulted in areas being inaccessible and thus not available for inspection...' (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Archaeological Research Services (ARS) Ltd. 2018. A Heritage Impact Assessment of Wakebridge Farm, Crich, Derbyshire. 19.



Grid reference SK 33804 55730 (point)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR4796

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Mar 3 2020 1:23PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.