Farmhouse at Elms Farm, Duffield Road, Little Eaton, built in 1704.
From the National Heritage List for England:
'PARISH OF LITTLE EATON DUFFIELD ROAD SK 34 SE 1/62 (West Side) 24.11.77 'The Elms' Farmhouse GV II
Farmhouse. 1704, c1780 and early C19. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings. Hipped Welsh slate and plain tile roofs. Two ashlar ridge stacks to west range, ridge and lateral stacks to east range. Moulded eaves cornice and blocking course. East range of two storeys, west range of three. Late C18 west range has a three bay west elevation, the centre bay advanced. Pedimented ashlar doorcase with Tuscan Doric columns. Pair of C19 half glazed doors. Flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes with stone lintels, jambs and sills. Three similar windows above and three similar but smaller windows above again. Two storey east range with an early C19 east elevation of three bays. Central round-arched doorway with impost blocks. Half glazed door. Flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes with stone lintels, jambs and sills. Three similar windows above. On the north side is one 2-light recessed and chamfered mullioned window, probably early C18. On the south side is a late C19 Jacobean Style canted bay, from the demolished house 'The Outwoods' near by. Inside is a late C18 open string stick baluster staircase with carved tread ends and wreathed handrail.
Listing NGR: SK3612141294.'
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1280575.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.