Burial ground of the former Friends Meeting House, Chapel Street, Monyash, established c1712.
The 1st edition 25" OS map of c1880 shows a the property labelled as 'Friends' Meeting House and Burial Ground', but the 2nd edition 25" OS map of 1898 shows the building unlabelled but the 'BG' is still marked to the rear.
The Society of Friends have had a meeting house and burial ground here [in Monyash] since 1711. (1)
The building and grave yard was assessed and visited in 2015: '...The burial ground is attached to the rear and has a number of standing headstones. It is surrounded by dry stone walls and there are mature trees nearby. The burial ground is still in use, mainly for the burial of ashes, and the most recent headstone is dated 1935.' (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. 439.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.