Monument record MDR2510 - Cropmark enclosure and field boundary, off Coton Road, Walton-on-Trent
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Cropmarks showing three sides of an enclosure and part of a circle are visible on air photographs. (1, 2) Nothing is visible on RAF aerial photographs. (3) The cropmark enclosures recorded by authority 1 were identified on good quality aerial photographs and are recorded in detail below: Probable cropmark enclosure of unknown Prehistoric date seen as an incomplete rectangular enclosure, 60m by ??m, defined by one ditch, with three sides visible. Centred at SK 2224 1729. Possible cropmark enclosure of unknown Prehistoric date seen as an incomplete sub-circular enclosure, diameter 12m, defined by one ditch. Centred at SK 2222 1733. (4) Possible cropmark boundary of unknown date seen as a single linear feature defined by one ditch, with a maximum length of 22m. Mapped using good quality aerial photographs. Centred at SK 2212 1723. (5)
- <1> SDR15776 Index: TPAT. 2244. 2244.
- <2> SDR1410 Aerial Photograph: Pickering, J. 1971. APs (NMR SK 2217/1 2).
- <3> SDR1485 Aerial Photograph: 1948. APs (RAF 541/28 4071-2 17.5.48).
- <4> SDR17528 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 921482. 921482. pp. 40-1.
- <5> SDR17558 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 929921. 929921. pp. 131-2.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2225 1729 (100m by 115m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WALTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 24 2015 12:21PM