Monument record MDR2568 - Circular cropmark, east of Hatton
Type and Period (1)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- None recorded
SK 2212 2979: Cropmark visible on RAF air photographs, possibly representing a barrow. Nothing visible on the ground. (1, 2) Nothing visible on O.S. air photographs. (3) Visual inspection of the proposed route for a pipeline found the area under long grass. No earthworks were visible. (5)
- <1> SDR6388 Personal Observation: F1 JB 24-JUN-66.
- <2> SDR1484 Aerial Photograph: 1948. APs (RAF 541/215/4121-2 12.4.48).
- <3> SDR1472 Aerial Photograph: 1970. APs (OS 70/362 068-69 14.9.70).
- <4> SDR14999 Index: TPAT. 2006. 2006.
- <5> SDR19013 Unpublished document: Woodhouse, G & Guilbert, G. 1993. An Archaeological Assessment of Severn Trent Water's Foston, Hatton, Hilton and Rolleston Closures Scheme..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2211 2982 (366m by 352m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HOON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2015 4:52PM