Monument record MDR2667 - Hoon Mount - Platform Bowl Barrow
Type and Period (2)
- BOWL BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- PLATFORM (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
[SK 23013182] Hoon Mount [T.I.] Tumulus [O.E.] (1) The name Hoon means "at the barrows". One of the barrows is now called Hoon Mount (2) Hoon Mount, round barrow. Scheduled. (3) The published barrow is surmounted by an O.S. trig. pillar and shows some signs of disturbance. No other barrows were found in the vicinity. (4) Suggested bowl barrow. Evidence of burns. (5) Di= 90ft; h=18ft. Additional source. (6) MPP Notice (7)
- <1> SDR11764 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1955. 6".
- <2> SDR5962 Bibliographic reference: Cameron, K. 1959. The Place-Names of Derbyshire, Part III. English Place-Name Society, Vol. XXIX.. p573.
- <3> SDR701 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1961. Scheduling Notification: Hoon Mount Platformed Bowl Barrow. Cat. NO.: 108.
- <4> SDR6053 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 03-AUG-66.
- <5> SDR15546 Index: TPAT. 2235. 2235.
- <6> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p62.
- <7> SDR18677 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1994. Scheduling Notification: Hoon Mount Platformed Bowl Barrow. 23278. Cat. NO.: 108.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2300 3181 (35m by 36m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HOON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2013 11:06AM