Early 19th century brick chapel with plastered gable and finials. Central door flanked by two arched windows with cast iron tracery. (1)
This chapel was built in 1832. It is built of brick with a tiled roof. It has a rectangular plan. There is a central doorway with double plank doors, which is flanked on each side by large windows with gothick metal glazing bars, all with painted surrounds. The walls are raised at the angles of the west facade to form a parapet. It has a rendered pedimented gable. (2)
This former chapel now appears to be in use as a Sunday School . (3)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1311858, UID Ref: 80119.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2084 5014 (11m by 11m) (Approximate)
KNIVETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2013 10:46AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.