Building record MDR3502 - Ashford Hall, Ashford in the Water
Type and Period (5)
- COUNTRY HOUSE (Georgian to Victorian - 1785 AD to 1900 AD)
- CART SHED (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- STABLE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- GARDEN TERRACE (Victorian - 1850 AD to 1900 AD)
- GATE PIER (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- Listed Building (II) 1109282: TERRACE, STEPS AND WALLS TO SOUTH EAST OF ASHFORD HALL
- Listed Building (II) 1109284: CARTSHED TO REAR OF STABLEBLOCK AT ASHFORD HALL
- Listed Building (II) 1109285: GATE PIERS AND ATTACHED WALLS SOUTH OF STABLEBLOCK AT ASHFORD HALL
- Listed Building (II) 1335286: STABLEBLOCK AT ASHFORD HALL
- Listed Building (II*) 1109281: ASHFORD HALL
(SK 20006977) Ashford Hall. (1). A small but grand house in the Palladian manner built in about 1785. It is tall and four-square and is two and a half storeys. Behind the house is a small stable block and a gardener's house. (2,4). Ashford Hall, Grade II* Listed Building. A small Country House dating from c.1785, with additions made in c.1840. It is constructed of ashlar with gritstone dressings and has coursed squared gritstone to the sides and rear. The roof is slate behind a balustered parapet. The building has stone ridge stacks and a bracketed eaves cornice. There are five bays and three storeys. The mid 19th century terrace, steps and walls to the south-east of Ashford Hall are also listed, Grade II, as is the late 18th century stableblock, the gate piers and attached walls south of the stableblock, and the early 19th century cartshed. (3).
- <1> SDR11940 Map: 1974. OS 1:10000.
- <2> SDR12891 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p66.
- <3> SDR5494 Bibliographic reference: DOE(HHR) Dist of West Derbyshire, July 1984. DDR3329.
- <4> SDR20304 Unpublished document: Taylor, H (PDNPA). 1998. Ashford Hall, Ashford and Bakewell, Derbyshire, archaeological survey. Feature 1, p 13.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1997 6977 (111m by 107m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||ASHFORD IN THE WATER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 27 2015 10:53AM