Site record MDR374 - Lismore Fields Mesolithic and Neolithic Settlement, Lismore Park, Buxton
Type and Period (5)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC) (Undated)
- SETTLEMENT (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC to 4001 BC)
- LITHIC SCATTER (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC to 4001 BC)
- LONGHOUSE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC (approximately))
- LITHIC WORKING SITE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC (approximately))
SK 0510 7315. Lismore Fields, Mesolithic Settlement. (1) Later Mesolithic flint knapping debris and a possible structure were also excavated. (2) Barnatt's review of the radiocarbon evidence at Lismore Fields includes a suggestion that the semi-circular slot-trench structures are much later, and that any charcoal is residual. (3) A single broken mesolithic or early neolithic flintv blade unearthered to the rear of a house in 2010. <4>
- --- SDR24598 Unpublished document: 1986. Lismore Field, Buxton: 1985 Summary Report.
- --- SDR24599 Unpublished document: Jones, G. Charred Plant Remains from the Neolithic Settlement at Lismore Fields Buxton.
- --- SDR24600 Article in serial: Davies, S. 2009. The Early Neolithic Longhouses at Lismore Fields, Buxton: A Digital Landscape Modelling Analysis.
- <1> SDR12793 Personal Observation: Pers. Observ.: Barrett, D..
- <2> SDR6901 Article in serial: Garton, D. 1987. Current Archaeology, 103. Part no. 103, pp 250-253.
- <3> SDR18418 Article in serial: Barnatt, J (PPJPB). 1995. 'Neolithic and Bronze Age radiocarbon dates from the Peak District: a review', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Vol 115, pp 5-19.
- <4> SDR24175 Unpublished document: Chatterton, R (ARS Ltd). 2010. 15 Lismore Park, Buxton, Derbyshire: Report on an Archaeological Watching Brief.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 05045 73176 (255m by 221m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 12 2020 10:47AM