Monument record MDR4021 - Possible fortified enclosure or natural feature, Big Moor, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
[SK 26947564]. Fortified enclosure visible on A.P. There is a possible further enclosure immediately to the south. (1) It appears to be a natural feature in a bog, marked by the change in vegetation around a raised bog. (2)
- <1> SDR827 Aerial Photograph: A.P.s O.S. 68/217/155-6..
- <2> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <3> SDR18068 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0276. 0276.
- <4> SDR2441 Monograph: Challis, A & Harding, W. 1975. 'Later Prehistory from the Trent to the Tyne', British Archaeological Report 20. Part 2. p53.
- <5> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100. p45-6 fig 16.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2694 7564 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:47AM