Monument record MDR4028 - Tumbling Hill, Earthworks
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
SK 25337829. Nether Padley. ? Enclosure remains, oval 22m x 16m (1) Features identified by T. Walsh, including banks and oval enclosure, very slight, in a ploughed field. Date unknown. Considered unlikely to exist by J. Barnatt (2)
- <1> SDR8243 Unpublished document: Walsh. Letter (TC Walsh 7.6.76).
- <2> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <3> SDR18039 Index: Walsh, T.. 1976. SMR:HAS Index:Walsh, T.:12.1976. 12.1976.
- <4> SDR18114 Index: NDAT. NDAT 1581. 1581.
- <5> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2533 7829 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||NETHER PADLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2013 3:49PM