Monument record MDR4056 - Alleged enclosure, Bank Wood, Hassop
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE ? (Unknown date)
- None recorded
[SK 23277300]. Oval enclosure. (1). Undated oval Enclosure visible on aerial photograph. It might be associated with the lead mining industry. There are many hummocks in this area. (2,3). Inspection of the original photograph illustrated that the features in this field are ephemeral and likely to be fortuitous. There was nothing visible on the ground in 1993 and the steep slope makes it an unlikely location for an enclosure. (4).
- <1> SDR11770 Aerial Photograph: OS. A.P. 68/288/106-7.
- <2> SDR9738 Index: NDAT. 1185. 1185.
- <3> SDR2441 Monograph: Challis, A & Harding, W. 1975. 'Later Prehistory from the Trent to the Tyne', British Archaeological Report 20. Part 2. p 53.
- <4> SDR19238 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1993. Hassop Estate, Hassop and Rowland, archaeological survey, 1993. No.161, p27.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2328 7302 (202m by 234m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HASSOP, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2015 11:01AM