Monument record MDR4313 - Cropmarks, north of Old Hall Farm, Twyford and Stenson
Type and Period (4)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
SK 331 293. Cropmarks. See illustration card. (1) Site under crop, no visual remains . (2) Cropmark complex identified on an aerial photograph in the southern part of this area. Plotted on an overlay at 1:10000. (3) Numerous cropmarks were identified in this area and plotted on to GIS during an aerial photographic mapping survey that was carried out in 2009/10. They were interpreted as representing late prehistoric/Roman boundary ditches, field boundaries, an enclosure and a later prehistoric pit alignment. (4)
- <1> SDR1383 Aerial Photograph: AP:J.K. St. Joseph: ABA 42.
- <2> SDR6395 Personal Observation: F1 JB 26-JUL-66.
- <3> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
- <4> SDR21002 Digital data: Archaeological Research Services (ARS) Ltd. 2009/2010. Aerial Photographic Mapping Survey carried out as part of an Aggregates Resource Project.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 32937 29261 (431m by 296m) Approximate|
|Civil Parish||TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 15 2022 1:46PM