Monument record MDR4322 - Cropmarks 300m north of Poplars Farm, Barrow upon Trent
Type and Period (4)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 3000 BC? to 701 BC?)
- LINEAR FEATURE (Unknown date)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
The following cropmarks are visible on air photographs in the National Monuments Record:- SK 338288: A double-ditched droveway and linear features; SK 338290: Two small ring ditches and part of a large curved enclosure ditch 100m to the north-east. (1-3) The cropmarks have been plotted on a map overlay at a scale of 1:10,000. (4) An additional sketch plot over an individual aerial photograph shows linear features and a pit alignment. (5)
- <1> SDR15794 Bibliographic reference: Trent Valley Arch Res Comm Gaz c 1980 8 TVARC Nos 2047 & 2049.
- <2> SDR1422 Aerial Photograph: APs (NMR SK 3328/1 3.4.6 7).
- <3> SDR1427 Aerial Photograph: APs (NMR SK 3329/1 3429/1).
- <4> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
- <5> SDR20873 Aerial Photograph: Cambridge University Collection, Photo BY4 68.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 33825 28953 (699m by 462m) Approximate|
|Civil Parish||TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 15 2022 1:46PM