Monument record MDR4399 - Chellaston Junction, Cropmarks of Parallel Ditches, ridge and furrow, enclosure feature.
Type and Period (3)
- DITCH (Undated)
- RIDGE AND FURROW (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
SK 393278: Cropmarks of a pair of parallel ditches, possibly a droveway, are visible at Weston on Trent. (1a, 3). Nothing visible on O.S. air photographs.(2). (1-2) Possible cropmark trackway of unknown date seen as an interrupted single linear feature defined by 2 ditches, with a maximum length of 90m. Mapped using good quality AP's. This is the same feature described by authority 1, but more accurately located at SK 3916 2794 (morph No. FR.160.4.1) (4) North of Weston Hill Farm, a rectangular enclosure feature with ridge and furrow cropmarks in the fields to the east and south have been identified. Cropmarks plotted on map overlay, 1:10,000. (5)
- <1a> SDR1440 Aerial Photograph: APs (NMR SK 3829/6).
- <1> SDR15803 Index: TPAT. 2089. 2089.
- <2> SDR1031 Aerial Photograph: OS. 1967. AP (OS 67/014 011 1.4.67).
- <3> SDR17834 Aerial Photograph: Pickering, J.. 3927/1,2 (JP-66/5/24A, 25A).
- <4> SDR17849 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 922882. 922882. p929.
- <5> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 39276 27892 (489m by 465m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 7 2010 4:59PM