Monument record MDR4458 - St Helen's Abbey (site of), Derby
Type and Period (4)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR11716 Map: 1950. O.S. 1/1250 1950.
- <2> SDR6942 Bibliographic reference: Glover, S. 1833. History, Gazetteer and Directory of the County of Derby. p 483.
- <3> SDR93 Bibliographic reference: Knowles, D & Hadcock, R. 1953. Medieval Religious Houses of England and Wales. p 136, 267.
- <4> SDR8457 Bibliographic reference: Lysons. 1817. Magna Britannia. Vol 5, p 101 (map).
- <5> SDR7925 Article in serial: Cox, J. 1904. 'The History and Chartulary of the Abbey of Darley, and the Oratory of St Helen, Derby', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 26, pp 82-140.
- <6> SDR6327 Personal Observation: F1 FRH 24-OCT-66.
- <7> SDR18848 Unpublished document: Steer, J (Derbyshire Archaeological Society). 2002. From Religious Oratory to Spar Manufactory: The Development of the Site of St Helens on King St, Derby.
- <8> SDR19324 Article in serial: D'Arcy, J & Steer, J (Derbyshire Archaeological Society). 2002. 'From Religious Oratory to Spar Manufactory: the site of St Helen's, Derby. Introduction', Derbyshire Miscellany. Vol 16, p 94.
- <9> SDR19321 Article in serial: D'Arcy, J. 2002. 'St Helen's Oratory & Hospital', Derbyshire Miscellany. Vol. 16, pp 94-105.
- <10> SDR19322 Article in serial: Steer, J (Derbyshire Archaeological Society). 2002. 'The buildings on the site of the Hospital of St Helen's in the 18th century', Derbyshire Miscellany. Vol 16, pp 106-119.
- <11> SDR19323 Article in serial: Steer, J (Derbyshire Archaeological Society). 2003. 'The site of the Hospital of St Helen's in the 19th century 1. The Spar Manufactory', Derbys. Misc.. Vol 16, pp 150-173.
|Grid reference||SK 34979 36746 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 3 2022 12:48PM