Building record MDR4561 - Lombe's Silk Mill, now Derby Industrial Museum, Silk Mill Lane, Derby
Type and Period (5)
- SILK MILL (Former Type) (Victorian to Late 20th Century - 1850 AD? to 1974 AD?)
- BRIDGE (Georgian to Victorian - 1718 AD? to 1900 AD)
- MILL RACE (Georgian to Victorian - 1717 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SILK MILL (Former Type) (Georgian to Victorian - 1718 AD to 1850 AD?)
- MUSEUM (Late 20th Century to 21st Century - 1974 AD to 2050 AD)
- Listed Building (II) 402035: INDUSTRIAL MUSEUM, FULL STREET
- World Heritage Site
- <1> SDR12011 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. 1st Edition 25" OS Map of 1882.
- <2> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1287508.
- <3> SDR7420 Bibliographic reference: Smith, D. 1965. Industrial Archaeology of the East Midlands, 1965.
- <4> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. pp. 143, 180-3.
- <5> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Lombes Silk Mill.
- <6> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire L.9.
- <7> SDR19527 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p. 22.
- <8> SDR20157 Unpublished document: Baker, S (ARCUS). 2007. Archaeological evaluation and trial trenching at Cathedral Green, Derby. pp. 9-11.
- <9> SDR20056 Unpublished document: Morris, M (Mel Morris Conservation). 2004. Study to Identify Candidate Buildings for Grant Assistance and a Review of Conservation Area Boundaries, Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. Gazetteer: 15-003; Derby City Centre - Conservation Area Boundary - Extension 1.
- <10> SDR22764 Bibliographic reference: Derby Civic Society. 2004. Derby Heritage Buildings.
- <11> SDR23556 Article in serial: Menuge, A (RCHME). 1993. 'The cotton mills of the Derbyshire Derwent and its tributaries', Industrial Archaeology Reivew.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3534 3661 (21m by 41m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 14 2020 10:35PM