The Clock House, Little Eaton, is a two and a half storey red brick house with a prominent clock. It was built c.1795 for the agent of the Derby Canal at the point where a branch of the canal met the Little Eaton Gangway. (1)
The Clock House is a brick-built dwelling house with an external clock face, probably the wharf manager's house. It has been converted to flats. (2)
The Clock House is a Listed Grade II late 18th century former canal building located at Little Eaton Wharf, the terminus of the Little Eaton Tramway from Denby. The canal wharf is now filled in. (3)
Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). 1975. Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Panel on Industrial Monuments, 1975.
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1.
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 21.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3614 4105 (21m by 21m) (Centre)
LITTLE EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 8 2018 3:08PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.