St Andrew's House, Nos. 3-5 Bentley Brook, off Lumsdale Road, Matlock Town, built in 1757.
St Andrew's House is a Grade II* listed building of mid 18th century date. It is constructed of stone, with three storeys and an attic. A rainwater head has initials and the date 1757. (1)
Vernacular building dated to 1757 as indicated by rainwater head. (2)
From the National Heritage List for England:
'1. THE CLIFF 1390 MATLOCK
St Andrew's House SK 3059 5/94 5.9.72.
2. Mid C18. Stone; 3 storeys and attic; 5 sash windows (mainly with glazing bars) in moulded architraves, the central with cornice hood; moulded pilaster doorcase with entablature and cornice; quoins at sides; 4 later box dormers; parapeted gables with kneelers and stone stacks; moulded eaves; slates. Rainwater head with initials and date 1757.
St Andrew's House, Matlock Hill & former Malt House of Matlock Hill form a group
Listing NGR: SK3082759916.'
Bibliographic reference: DOE(HHR) U D of Matlock, Derbyshire, Oct 1972, 7.
Index: Evans, R. 1976. Some dated vernacular buildings in Derbyshire.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1247886.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.