Holy Trinity Church, Brackenfield, was built in 1856-1857, in the Decorated style, with a low tower and a broach-spire. The north-east chapel and vestry were built in 1872. It contains the 15th century screen from the earlier church, Trinity Chapel, restored and placed against the west wall of the south aisle. The ruins of Trinity Chapel still stand about ½ mile north-north-west [see SMR 1908]. (1, 2)
Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p 103.
Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 0362. 0362.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 372 590 (28m by 22m) (Centre)
BRACKENFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 28 2011 1:46PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.