Monument record MDR4954 - Swing bridge (site of), Cromford Canal, Bullbridge
Type and Period (1)
- SWING BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 359 522. The Swing Bridge over the canal is a small, manually operated footbridge on the northern approaches of the breached Bull-bridge aqueduct. It retains both its swing beam and base plate. (1) Bridge removed during late 1980s by DCC: present location at Cromford Wharf. (2) Scheduling (DR249) removed. (3) Swing bridge site now replaced by another bridge. (4)
- <1> SDR3849 Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). 1975. Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Panel on Industrial Monuments, 1975.
- <2> SDR19177 Personal Observation: Myers, A. Site visit or other evidence.
- <3> SDR18663 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 2000. Descheduling Notification: Swing Bridge over Canal, Bullbridge, Heage. 90395.
- <4> SDR21039 Unpublished document: Raphael, F (Bullbridge and Sawmills Area Civic Society). 2009. An Appraisal of the Bullbridge and Sawmills Area.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 359 523 (29m by 29m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2016 3:14PM