Listed Building record MDR5403 - Brampton Manor House, off Old Road, Chesterfield
Type and Period (2)
- HOUSE (Georgian to Late 20th Century - 1767 AD? to 1992 AD?)
- SPORTS CENTRE (Late 20th Century to 21st Century - 1992 AD? to 2050 AD)
Brampton Manor House, off Old Road, Chesterfield, possibly of part 17th century date. The building is shown on Burdetts map of 1767. 'The Manor House is a largely 17th century building refaced in the early 19th century. Only a few mullioned windows remain.' (1) The building and its immediate surroundings were the subject of a desk-based assessment carried out in 2018. After being a private residence for most of its history, the building has been a sports centre since at least 1992. (2) From the National Heritage List for England: 'OLD ROAD 1. 5169 Brampton The Manor House SK 37 SE 13/33 13.3.68. II GV 2. C16 and later, perhaps partly older, modernized C19/C20. Rendered facade, stone slate roof. Main part, 2 storeys and attic 3 sashes in painted stone frames, round arched in gables. C19 glazing. Conservatory porch. Part to left set back. 2 sashes, ground floor has 3 light, mullioned windows. Side elevation has 4 C19 sashes in stone frames. Rear facade pebble dashed with irregularly set stone mullioned windows. Listing NGR: SK3638271133.' (3)
- <1> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 3782.
- <2> SDR24582 Unpublished document: Sidebottom, P. 2018. An Archaeological Desktop Assessment of Land at Brampton Manor, Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
- <3> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1088266.
|Grid reference||SK 36382 71133 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CHESTERFIELD, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 19 2021 11:53PM