Monument record MDR5649 - Cropmark enclosure, Wilne Lane, Breaston
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
A cropmark of a corner of a double-ditched enclosure has been recorded by aerial photography (no O.S. aerial photograph coverage). (1-2) Apparent corner of a double-ditched enclosure, showing on an aerial photograph. Partially destroyed by gravel extraction. (3) The cropmarks have been plotted on to an OS map. (5) The western part of this area was subject to landfill between 1982 and 1986. (6)
- <1> SDR15757 Bibliographic reference: Trent Valley Arch Res Comm Gaz c 1980 3. TVARC No 2137.
- <2> SDR1023 Aerial Photograph: National Monuments Record (English Heritage). Aerial photograph NMR SK 4631/4.
- <3> SDR15520 Index: TPAT. 2137. 2137.
- <4> SDR13070 Aerial Photograph: Pickering J. 4631/4.
- <5> SDR22057 Aerial Photograph: Trent & Peak Archaeological Trust (TPAT). ?1970s. Aerial Photograph Transcription Project. TPAT_SK43SE.
- <6> SDR20848 Digital data: Derbyshire County Council. GIS Layer. Landfill Historic.
|Grid reference||SK 45961 31610 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BREASTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2015 5:07PM