(Victorian to Late 20th Century - 1863 AD to 1967 AD)
(Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1921 AD)
Loading documents & images
SK 495335 Railway Station, Station Street. The footbridge and east side platform are all that remain of the station on the Erewash Valley line which was opened in 1863 and closed in 1967. (1)
The existing footbridge was built for the Midland Railway Company in the early twentieth century. The bridge is a cast iron latticework structure. The central span is supported on four Roman Doric columns. There is an "L" shaped flight of stairs to the left of the span and a straight flight to the right. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash. p 32.
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/159.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 494 334 (66m by 115m) (Multiple Site Centre)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2017 4:48PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.