The Boat Inn is a substantial, late 18th century inn at the junction of the Pinxton Branch of the Erewash Canal and the Mansfield and Pinxton Tramway. The latter was built for horse operation in 1819 and carried passengers from 1832. It was incorporated into the Midland Railway in 1848 and rebuilt. The proprietor of the Inn ran the original passenger service making the inn the oldest "railway station" in Derbyshire. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). 1975. Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Panel on Industrial Monuments, 1975.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4518 5427 (51m by 47m) (Centre)
PINXTON, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 22 2016 10:40AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.