Monument record MDR7219 - Old Midway Pottery (site of), Burton Road, Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
- POTTERY WORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 303 208: site of Old Midway Pottery, on the south side of the A50, just before the 'The Wheel' public house. (1, 2, 3, 4)
- <1> SDR17694 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 932368. 932368. pp. 1183-4.
- <2> SDR17616 Bibliographic reference: Spavold, J (ed.). 1984. At the Sign of the Bulls Head, a History of Hartshorne and its Enclosure.
- <3> SDR17376 Unpublished document: Spavold, J.. 1981. Pits, Pots and People.
- <4> SDR17402 Article in serial: Spavold, J. 1981. 'The sanitary pottery industries of South Derbyshire, 1840-1914', Industrial Archaeology Review. Volume 5, pp 143-154.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 303 208 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 20 2017 2:52PM