Monument record MDR9344 - Cromford Transhipment Wharf, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (2)
- CANAL WHARF (Georgian to Victorian - 1794 AD to 1900 AD)
- GOODS YARD (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
The workshops, offices and terminus of the Cromford and High Peak Railway [see SMR 99001 for the railway] are preserved and properly maintained at High Peak Junction, Cromford, and have been scheduled. The rubble-built workshops comprise a group of early buildings. The office building is built against the side of a half-cutting. (c. SK 31445575). At the terminus of the railway a warehouse separates the track from the canal. (1, 2) Cromford transhipment wharf at the junction between Cromford Canal and Cromford & High Peak Railway. The wharf has a stone built front. (3)
- <1> SDR3857 Bibliographic reference: CBA Panel on Indust Mons Derby 1975 5.
- <2> SDR5340 Bibliographic reference: DOE (IAM) Record Form June 1976.
- <3> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 5.
- <4> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 7.
- <5> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <6> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <7> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <8> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 84-85, 91-92, 94.
- <9> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 11, 25.
- <10> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 8, 10.
- <11> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p. 150.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3145 5573 (59m by 120m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2015 3:17PM