Building record MDR9356 - Railway Workshop, High Peak Junction, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY WORKSHOP (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
A rubble built rectangular building measuring 12m x 7m on an east to west alignment. There is a window on the north elevation and a bricked-in window on the east elevation. The south side is of modern construction. The building is roofed in two separate parts with slates, possibly indicating two separate rooms in the past. There is a modern toilet block built on the west side. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 18.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 21-22.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23-25, 101.
- <7> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p. 48.
- <8> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 74, 79, 82-83, 85-86.
- <9> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p. 156.
- <10> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 8-9, 11, 26.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3134 5599 (11m by 11m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2015 3:18PM