Building record MDR9358 - Railway Office, High Peak Junction, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY OFFICE (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
Building measuring 18m in length forming the middle section of the workshop buildings between SMR 9756 & 9758. Shown on maps as an oil tank and offices. Inside the structure is comprised of 3 or 4 rooms. The building outside appears to be one phase of construction. The south elevation is constructed of dressed gritstone, laid in even courses. The northern elevation is of several different sections. The building is currently in use as a gift shop. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 20.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 25.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23-25, 101.
- <7> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p. 48.
- <8> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 70-75, 79, 81-83, 85-86.
- <9> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p.11, 26.
- <10> SDR19345 Article in serial: Marshall, J. 1981. 'High Peak Sesquicentenary, part one,' Railway Magazine. July edition, pp 322-325. p. 325.
- <11> SDR19348 Bibliographic reference: Nicholson, C P & Barnes, P. 1975. Railways in the Peak District. p. 15.
- <12> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 85.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3134 5599 (10m by 5m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2015 3:18PM