Building record MDR9359 - Engine Drivers Mess Room, High Peak Junction, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- REFECTORY (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1900 AD)
Building measuring 4m x 3m constructed of mortared, dressed gritstone blocks laid in courses. A slate roof slopes north to south and there is a chimney on the north side. There is a door and window on the south elevation, with large lintels in a linear pattern surrounding them. The north-east corner of the building is chamfered to make room for trains to turn into the main workshop. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 21.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 26-27.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV.11.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 23-25, 101.
- <7> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p. 48.
- <8> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p. 70, 72-75, 79, 81-83, 85-87.
- <9> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p.11.
- <10> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 46, 85.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3135 5598 (11m by 4m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2015 3:18PM