Stone-walled three-celled two-storey house built in the mid 17th century, with a kitchen wing added soon after. A scullery was added south of the kitchen towards the end of the 18th century, and leanto service rooms were built against the west side of the rear wing. Around 1800 the eaves were raised, the whole building re-roofed , the western tower added to provide a new staircase, and other alterations made. Minor alterations were made in the first half of the 20th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 47A, 10th November 1992.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 39048 26197 (27m by 23m)
MELBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 6 2017 10:58AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.