Listed Building record MDR14330 - Idridgehay Station, Idridgehay and Alton
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Victorian to 21st Century - 1867 AD? to 2050 AD)
Idridgehay Station, Idridgehay and Alton, built c1867. 'Double-fronted gritstone station building on the west side of the Duffield-Wirksworth branch. The platform is back in use following the re-opening of the line as a heritage railway.' (1) From the National Heritage List for England: 'PARISH OF IDRIDGEHAY AND ALTON ROOD LANE SK 24 NE 3/49 Idridgehay Station 15.12.81 GV II House, formerly railway station. c1867, and built in the Tudor style. Ashlar gritstone set on a shallow plinth, with quoins, plain gables, intermediate ashlar ridge stacks with moulded caps, and boldly oversailing Welsh slated roofs with decorative bargeboards to south gables. 'H' plan, with gabled crosswings to either end of a central range. West elevation, single storey, with advanced wings having 2-light chamfer mullioned windows, with small four-centred arched blind lights to gables. Centre bay recessed, with moulded doorway to centre, flanked by single light windows. East elevations similar, with pierced cast iron beam of former canopy linking the two gables. The station was built to serve the Wirksworth branch of the Midland Railways Buxton line. Listing NGR: SK2898248774.' (2)
- <1> SDR22089 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2011. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: A Gazetteer of Sites, Part III, Borough of Amber Valley (second edition). 15.
- <2> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335379?section=official-list-entry.
|Grid reference||SK 28982 48774 (point)|
|Civil Parish||IDRIDGEHAY AND ALTON, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 4 2023 3:50PM