Monument record MDR2106 - Cackle Mackle and Stadford Hollow lead mines, Longstone Moor, Great Longstone
Type and Period (10)
- BELL PIT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HOLLOW (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- SHAFT (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- LEAD MINE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- HORSE WHIM (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAKE (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPOIL HEAP (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- DRESSING FLOOR (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- COE (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUDDLE (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- <1> SDR7224 Bibliographic reference: Hooson, W. 1747. The Miners Dictionary.
- <2> SDR6992 Bibliographic reference: Hardy, W. 1748. The Miners Guide.
- <3> SDR6680 Bibliographic reference: Farey, J. 1811-17. A General View of the Agriculture and Minerals of Derbyshire.
- <4> SDR15303 Article in serial: Thornhill. 1962. The Seedlow Lead Mine. Volume 1, Number 6. pp 24-28.
- <5> SDR3191 Article in serial: Beck, J S. 1978. "The caves, mines and soughs of the Wardlow basin and Cressbrookdale", Bulletin of the Peak District Mines Historical Society. Volume 7, No.2, pp 106-115.
- <6> SDR16299 Bibliographic reference: Willies, L. 1979. "Technical Development in Derbyshire Lead Mining", (presumably Bull of PDMHS). Vol.7, No.3, pp 117-151.
- <7> SDR12693 Personal Observation: Rieuwerts, J. 1988. Pers. Comm..
- <8> SDR649 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1998. Scheduling Notification. 30938. 420. Cat. No.: 420.
- <9> SDR20329 Unpublished document: Ullathorne, A (PDNPA). 2003. Longstone Moor Farm, Stoney Middleton and Great Longstone, Derbyshire, archaeological field survey, upland option, 2003. Nos.2,3 , p 2.
- <10> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. No. 44, pp 64-65.
- <11> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 409.29A and 6437.1.
- <12> SDR22251 Unpublished document: Wheal, S (PDNPA). 2008. Scheduled Monument Monitoring Form: Cackle Mackle and Stadford Hollow Lead Mines.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1917 7397 (1135m by 613m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT LONGSTONE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 11 2016 10:43AM