Monument record MDR5437 - Cropmark complex, Aston upon Trent
Type and Period (16)
- SQUARE BARROW (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- SQUARE BARROW (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- ROUND BARROW (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- HENGE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- CURSUS (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- HENGE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- RIDGE AND FURROW (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CURVILINEAR ENCLOSURE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- RECTILINEAR ENCLOSURE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- SQUARE ENCLOSURE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- PIT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- RING DITCH (Late Neolithic to Early Iron Age - 3000 BC to 401 BC)
- <1> SDR17808 Article in serial: Hughes, R. 1961. 'Archaeological sites in the Trent Valley, South Derbyshire', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 81, pp149-150.
- <2> SDR7604 Article in serial: Reaney, D. 1968. 'Beaker burials in South Derbyshire', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 88, pp 68-81.
- <3> SDR7610 Article in serial: May, J. 1970. 'An Iron Age square enclosure at Aston, a report on excavations in 1967', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Vol. 90, pp 10-21.
- <4> SDR988 Article in serial: St Joseph, J K. 1966. Antiquity, 40.
- <5> SDR5617 Article in serial: East Midlands Committee of Field Archaeologists. 1974. East Midlands Archaeological Bulletin, 1974.
- <6> SDR5317 Scheduling record: Department of the Environment. 1978. DOE (IAM) AMs Eng 3, 23.
- <7> SDR5919 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduling Notification 23144; Aston Cursus. Mon. No.: 23144. Cat. No.: 185.
- <8> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
- <9> SDR19025 Unpublished document: Elliott, L & Garton, D (TPAU). 1995. Acre Lane, Aston: Recording of the Aston Cursus along a Newly Cut Storm-Ditch on the Line of the Derby Southern Bypass..
- <10> SDR19079 Bibliographic reference: Gibson, A & Loveday, R. 1989. 'Excavations at the Cursus Monument of Aston upon Trent, Derbyshire' in Midlands Prehistory, ed. A Gibson. BAR British Series 204, pp 27-50.
- <11> SDR22162 Article in serial: Loveday, R (University of Leicester). 2012. 'Aston on Trent 1: excavation of a round barrow and protected cursus land surface', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 132, pp. 80-128.
- <12> SDR21002 Digital data: Archaeological Research Services (ARS) Ltd. 2009/2010. Aerial Photographic Mapping Survey carried out as part of an Aggregates Resource Project.
- <13> SDR18695 Index: Trent & Peak Archaeological Trust (TPAT). Trent & Peak Archaeological Trust Index: 2112. 2112.
- <14> SDR18696 Aerial Photograph: Pickering, J. National Monuments Record aerial photograph: 4128/12.
- <15> SDR23606 Article in serial: Loveday, R. 2004. 'Contextualising monuments, the exceptional potential of the Middle Trent Valley', Derbyshire Archaeological Society.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 42230 29388 (928m by 883m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ASTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 4:51PM