Source/Archive record SDR19023 - A 564 (T) Derby Southern Bypass. Summary of Rescue Archaeological Works at Aston Cursus, Potlock Cursus and Swarkestone Lowes.
|Title||A 564 (T) Derby Southern Bypass. Summary of Rescue Archaeological Works at Aston Cursus, Potlock Cursus and Swarkestone Lowes.|
|Author/Originator||Knight, D (TPAT)|
Summary of the results of archaeological excavations on three sites lying partially within the proposed boundaries of the Derby Southern Bypass and identified as of national importance. These comprise the Aston cursus complex, the Potlock cursus and the Swarkestone Lowes Barrow cemetery and enclosures.
Derbyshire County Council SMR report no. 655
Referenced Monuments (7)
- MDR6929 Aston Cursus Complex, Aston Moor (Monument)
- MDR5605 Aston Cursus Complex, Shardlow (Monument)
- MDR6925 Cropmark complex (site of), Hicken's Bridge, Aston upon Trent (Monument)
- MDR4310 Cropmark Complex East of Frizam's Lane, Twyford and Stenson (Site)
- MDR4344 Cropmarks, west of Frizams Lane, Willington (Site)
- MDR5629 Earthworks North East of Weigh Cottage: Aston Cursus Complex - cropmarks (Monument)
- MDR4303 Prehistoric landscape, Frizams Lane, Twyford and Stenson (Site)
Referenced Events (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
Referenced Designations (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2015 2:15PM