Source/Archive record SDR19038 - Derby Southern Bypass Archaeological Evaluations: report on Site Investigations
|Title||Derby Southern Bypass Archaeological Evaluations: report on Site Investigations|
|Author/Originator||Walker, J (TPAT)|
Report on evaluations carried out at several locations on the proposed route of the road between Hilton and the M1. It replaces and supersedes the April 1993 interim report on the site investigations. Evidence at each site is presented as a brief descriptive note of the archaeological cropmarks. An account of the site investigation programme considering results from fieldwalking, geophysical survey and trial excavation.
Paper and pdf copy.
Derbyshire County Council HER Doc. No. 88
Referenced Monuments (10)
- MDR5605 Aston Cursus Complex, Shardlow (Monument)
- MDR6925 Cropmark complex (site of), Hicken's Bridge, Aston upon Trent (Monument)
- MDR5570 Cropmark site, west of Elvaston (Monument)
- MDR4594 Cropmarks and artefact scatter, Stenson Farm, Twyford and Stenson (Monument)
- MDR5611 Cropmarks and ridge and furrow, south of Aston Lane, Shardlow (Monument)
- MDR5571 Cropmarks, Foxcovert Farm, Aston upon Trent (Monument)
- MDR5629 Earthworks North East of Weigh Cottage: Aston Cursus Complex - cropmarks (Monument)
- MDR4371 Iron Age/Romano-British settlement, west of Lowes Lane, Barrow upon Trent (Monument)
- MDR5627 Ridge and furrow and cropmarks, north of Aston Lane, Shardlow (Monument)
- MDR4378 Swarkestone Lowes Barrow Cemetery and Field System (Scheduled Monument)
Referenced Events (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
Referenced Designations (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2022 11:46AM